Wednesday, January 7, 2009

broken...

I squeeze my eyes shut to stop the images. A lone tear escapes from under my lashes, tracing a warm path down my cold cheeks. I open my eyes and I’m blinded by tears, threatening to turn into a deluge. How do I wipe five years from my life, dust away the intricate cob webs that I had woven then? How do I cover up the footprints left behind? I watch my pyramid of dreams crashing down, the furthest one placed most precariously on the top; my hopes spiral away, away from my reach, leaving me all alone. As I try to touch them for the last time, the flood gates open, destroying every inch of will power in their wake. Will I ever dream again, give my self again?

2 comments:

WeirdISgooD said...

Put the pieces back together again ? I'm still searching for some fragments i lost when I broke, and something hollow inside rattles.

Shweta G said...

hey ....past is as footprints left behind....i mean after many yrs when u go on the same beach n walk on the same sand...u will have lots of space on the same place to leave ur footprints again....its gonna be difficult..but life moves on....n so u r....love.