Saturday, September 4, 2010

I AM A TCK

You must be wondering what TCK stands for. Well read on and you'll know.


Without meaning to brag, i would say im quite different from many people.
  • Ive lived 17 years of my life as an NRI.
  • Im rather biased toward foreign maal, read: chocolates, soaps, Mountain Dew, chips, Pizza Hut Pizzas, the roads, traffic.
  • For me, India is a novelty, and only after 8 yrs of being in Mumbai, can i call it home. I must be one of the few Non-Mumbaiites who can call Mumbai home.
  • I rely more on friends, than on relatives.(where were they when we needed them)
  • The Aamchi community is something of a novelty for me.
  • I have a zillion friends ranging from Indians, to Pakistanis, to Lebanese, to Srilankans.
  • I can differentiate between life here and life there in a neutral manner, and though Oman wins almost all the accolades, I would never wanna stay there again. 
TCK is third culture/transculture Kid.
Definition: Someone who, as a child, has spent a significant period of time in one or more culture(s) other than his or her own, thus integrating elements of those cultures, and their own birth culture, into a third culture.

No comments: