Monday, November 22, 2010

Delhi Diaries

Today seemed to be a healthy morning. The past few days I’ve been feeling low and kind of useless since I have not much work here in Delhi. Not that I have much work now either. But that is normal as long as I’m sitting in one place and waiting around to go to the next place.


So anyway, back to the “healthy morning.” Not counting the paratha and aloo bhaji that I was forced to eat at the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel, I did do 6 sets of surya namaskar and the pleasure I felt while unravelling my body and stiff muscles is incomparable. Well I wouldn’t say completely, but still. I also had an apple when I was hungry since I’m at the hotel all day today.

Well, I’m at Delhi and this is the fourth time I have been here. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to sight see in this fascinating capital of India—mostly because of work, and mostly because my boss isn’t as adventurous as I am, and I’m hardly adventurous, and mostly because I hesitate to move out alone to go as a tourist. But I am waiting for the day when I travel to Delhi, alone of course, and take in the sights and smells as a tourist. I want to go to Chandni chowk, see the Jama Masjid, feel the thrill of seeing the India gate and Rashtrapathi Bhavan. Go to Akshardham, shop at Janpath.

I’m looking forward to someday getting that kind of freedom, till then I guess I’m bound to the healthy mornings and feeling of being useless…

2 comments:

Dream Chaser said...

It has been seven years since I went to Delhi. I loved the juxtaposition of old and new there; it's amazing to see things like Humayun's Tomb and the Qutb Minar (my two favourite places in Delhi, by the way) in a metropolitan city. And of course, your parliament buildings are unrivalled! I don't think I'd feel comfortable travelling alone in the city, though, particularly at night.

Unknown said...

Ohhh ur healthy morns r really sad..mrns in del n specially in d winters hv 2 b parathas wid achaar n dahi..n u really need 2 visit d places u mentioned..spl jama masjid n chandni chowk..i splly wanna tour those places 4 my love 4 photography..ive been to all these places b4 a couple of timea but nevr hd d skills 2 capture d feel of those places..n now i do so i wanna go there again..so we'll go sumday sooooon..