Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Day of Rushes

So... what do i say about today? It started at 7 am when i woke up. Obviously, i snoozed every fifteen minutes till it was 7. Anyway, I rushed to the kitchen to prepare the Meal of the Day and rushed then, to have a bath and gulp my breakfast down. Woah! To top it all, it was pouring like there was no tomorrow, so i quickly hailed a cab and went to the station, where i had an option of either waiting 15 min for a fast train or taking a slow train. I opted for the slow(i hate waiting!). By the time I reached, my friends had already left for work, so i took a rickshaw and moved amongst the bumper to bumper traffic at S.V road, which incidentally is always jammed, and finally reached work five minutes before my friends!! Well work was hectic, what with all the academic writing, manuals, word shortcuts and COMMAS. Good Lord, the no. of places where u can actually insert commas is mind boggling. Some three tests, a lunch break, another two tests later, I was almost ready to cry, I was so mentally exhausted...

Then we left work, rushed to the bus stop and got a nice 'mahilasathi' bus to the station, where again I ran to the platform, got into the fast train and went on to Mumbai Central. Now here comes the fun part. From platform one, I had to rush to platform three in a matter of 2 minutes to catch a slow train to Grant road. And how i did it in time, only God knows. I got into the, stinky men's compartment, which thankfully was almost clear of them ;) , and finally got off at grant road and peacefully made it to my singing class...only fifteen minutes late :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah wat a day yaar...hehehe..idiot!!! completely contrast to wat i do ;)...good good in the bargain u'll lose some extra pounds n also learn life the hard way..okie i dunno where the learnin life the hard way came from but just said..:) i think 4 a month atleast i'll b readin blogs like this only apart from sunday i gues..hai na ;) hahahha..okie take care while doin all thse adventurous cores of ur day to day life n ya dont run around on the platforms n never get into a mens' compartment..thik chhe tata..MUAH

Shweta G said...

hey wenevr u feel exhausted plz u shud think of th devil yaar...(thts me) dumbo...aise jokes marungi ki ur tears ll start laughin...eeeeeewwww tht was quite filmy u see...anyways jus chuk it re...accha tht platform runnin ka kissa madam...if u hv forgotten its rainy season...so u btter nt run on pltfrms...othrwise u knw...hehehe chal u give me competition now...m puttin on weight n loose...plz jyada bhi nahi...warna mujhe complex degi...