Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Four friends, one coffee shop. Its been a long time since we met up and shared our views and thoughts, relationships, the future, a career. What do we do? Where do we go? Its been a long time and none of us has really considered the future. Oh i knw that i want to be a clinical psychologist and my other friends have their goals, but how to go about it? We've just finished our final university exam and need to pursue a masters degree, but i want to support myself from this point onwards. I dont want mom to keep supporting me financially, so now m in search of a job.
Its funny how, at one moment, ur a kid and then overnight ur forced, literally jerked out of ur complacent state and made to be mature because alls not well in the world...well definitely in your world. When dad died, i was giving my final exams, not really innocent, but very unaware of the kind of responsibilities i would have to take. And now i see myself, mature (atleast i think so), responsible , wanting to stand on my own feet, support my self and education, trying to achieve a goal i have set myself. Yet at times, somehwere i wonder where the old 'me' went. But i kinda like this new me. Hehehe i sound so confused na, even to myself. But somewhere i m not, suddenly im seeing life in a new perspective. i have a stronger sense of who i am and what i want in life. i can be more assertive and pursue my goals. So i dont think ive turned out that bad.
A few of my childhood memories come back to me.
My mom used to talk to me. i remember those times, when i used to sit on the spotless kitchen floor and listen to her talk. About life, things.. experiences ....the kind of people there are in the world. And in that secluded, protective environment i dint deem such things as highly important. but then i came down to india and started experiencing similar things, meeting similar people and somewhere the behaviours, mental sets that i saw seemed no more new because mom had already exposed them to me and then i found myself doing the same thing......talkin to people about these things, telling them about my experiences after a point of time ....and this time not only because i deemed it important but also because i had started believing in them myself.

2 comments:

Shweta G said...

yup yaar...really we met aftr a long time....
n hd amazin time...life changes...sometimes more
thn we can imagine...n take in...but we hv no option
than accepting changes...ppl say everythin keeps changin
....n thts right....once we used to be together al the time
...n now 4 of us rarely meet for so long....but one thing is
the same-the relationship,the pure frndshp we share n i
hope it shud be so-(touch wood)...there s dis awesome part of
change....u see many seasons..,u learn new things abt how to
behave,how to react,how to deal wid ppl,u learn many things ab
ur ownself....n wen after yrs u look back at past... u can see
urself on a point--a differnce between the way u wer in past n
the way u r now-taking all strenghts together n trying to live
ur best....its so strange...but thts life i guess...u knw maya
told me yesterday...he liked the way i played....its nt tht i
play an excellent game...but he was right wen he said wen i played
before a few months i couldnmt evn hit a shot n now i can give a
smash n i felt so wonderful....its not that m the best but ya,
m better....u r nt at all confused....but just tryin to be firm...
n one day i ll be like u-responsible....lots of love...

Unknown said...

sweety..hmmm "Der aaye durust aaye" hehehe okie so finally u know the rules of the game called 'LIFE'. its just like a normal game when u look others playing it seems so easy but then when its ur turn everything gets difficult..though all of us have the capability of gettin out of these difficulties & barriers but its just tat we have a mind set tat its difficult..so be confidence n get into it wid courage n then u will find other ppl lookin at u n saying "Hey life doesnt seem to b tat tough" ;-) set an example n let others follow..n U have it in u to do it..n m sure 1 day u will..okie i feel i m writin my blog but abt u..hehe. n abt ur career darling u have a wide wide spectrum to chose from..c all the opportunities & pro's n con's n then decide whre u wanna get in..i hope u gettin wat i'm sayn..if u dont m just a phone call away..hehe okie take care n chao!!! will keep commenting cometimes stupid sometimes wise..MUAH