Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Poetry

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black

Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

Hardly a lover of poems, I am able to connect to this one. Oh, surely there maybe much more meaning to it, but I love it and my interpretation because I feel it gives so much meaning to ones life. It’s about how we make choices. Okay here goes my interpretation:
Suddenly I am faced with two completely contrasting choices and though I want to bake my cake and eat it too, I know well enough that ill have to make only one choice (I prefer eating! :) ). One person faced with two choices, is not easy. I check one choice out as much as I can and see that it has been made many a time and I want to do something that no-one else has done before. I soon realize that I finally have to decide. But I know that once I go my way and make my choice, there will be no looking back and as I make one choice, I will go on to another and another and I may never be faced again with the same two choices, nor will I be able to come back to this point in my life, because the yellow wood is my life and there will be many more paths n choices to make.. And somewhere ages later I will probably say(maybe to my grandchildren) that the choice I made -which is something that most people wouldn’t make- made all the difference…Hmmm hardly a rave review, I feel I haven’t put my best into the review but somewhere I can connect to this poem. Its all about life and choices. And any choice u make, may it be the same as most others or different from them, will be what will lead to your destiny and that will be what makes u different from other people. Which brings me to question of what is destiny, kismet, naseeb? Who writes it? Is it God? Is it us? I believe that yes, God has definitely got a hand in it .But he has made us capable of making our own destiny. The choices we make, the actions we take, our ‘karma’ makes us who we are today. It’s our decision our choice, we go along with it, no matter how many obstacles, we may also be faced with many more on the way, yet no one else is to blame if something goes wrong tomorrow. But at the same time we must also be able to discriminate between right and wrong and make the right choice. Go with your gut feeling. I believe intuition is a God send. It’s that entity which makes u know and decide what to do or which direction to go. Go with your intuition and get out there and give in ur best and the rest will fall in place automatically :)

1 comment:

Shweta G said...

sach me bolu to pehle padha tha na to i liked it but not tht much...but nw as i went thru it...i loved it.....m writing dis b4 evn readin wat u wrote....i dun knw y but it jus made me silent...i hv gone numb....may be the meaning of it moved somethin within now.....i ll read ur opinion on it n then agn comment but i guess dada dadi has come frm pune so ll hv to go down now.....love u looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooots