Tuesday, May 20, 2008

my books

Off late I have been trying to catch up on my reading. I read all kinds of stuff, from mushy romances to thrilling adventures and mysteries.
My childhood passed in a love affair with Enid Blyton stories. From toys waking up at night in a playroom, to how Darrel Rivers settles down in Malory Towers, the adventures of Moonface, Silky and the kids, The wishing chair adevntures, i have learnt so much…about friendship, respect, caring, commitment, loyalty, sensitivity…
The Famous Fives, the Five Find Outers and Mr. Goon, their adventures…Oh jus thinking about them makes me want to read them all over again…Nostalgia sets in…
Reading takes me into a completely different world. I almost become the character it self and once that happens I am lost. I just cant keep the book down.
I love Harry Potter too. The way J.K Rowling, creates magic (pun intended!) around the reader is absolutely amazing. The movies can’t match up…sadly!
Another favorite is Agatha Christie. Of all the books I have read, I don’t think I have ever been able to figure out the culprit or the way the crime was committed…its strange but she’s brilliant….may it be Monsieur Poirot or Miss Maple…..
My recent favorites are The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks. Never thought a man could write such heart breaking novels. I have laughed and cried with those characters. The sensitivity, the reality, the love…all of it has been conveyed so beautifully, it makes one read them again and again.
Another one being Doctors by Erich Seagal…the way the lives of Barney and Linda are intertwined, through childhood, college at Harvard Med School, their friends and family. I must have read the book just twice but the impact was made.
I’m not too fond of Indian literature, but there is this one Afghan guy, Khalid Hosseini who writes beautiful stories. The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Sons…m waiting for his next.
I go into a completely different world where I can see things in my mind, my imagination. Hehe I’m a hopeless romantic… in both ways day dreamy as well...What to do. And books just add on to the romantic side of me.

1 comment:

Shweta G said...

hehehe
on this i can only say i really loved the way u wrote it....coz i hv rarely read any of those books i cant say anything on those....i can only read a book if i find them interestin....but ya, i hv always (imagined) or u can say, hoped myself readin.........i go soooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy doin tht...but i swear i liked the way u put those book's discription in words...cool keep it up...mere sangat ka asar hai[;)] heheehehe...dun say m nautanki now...because i knw i am....keep writin